Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Primrose Bakery

After looking through the recipe book, I decided I had to visit the Primrose Bakery. So... After walking around Covent Garden, looking at signs, asking people and using Google Maps... I finally found the bakery... On the corner... Of a back road... Somewhere. Before I saw the sign, I kind of guessed that this was what I was looking for, from the bright yellow (which was also used on the cover of the recipe book) walls.



As soon as I walked in, I was hit by a mix of cinnamon, nuts, vanilla and basically every scent which screamed CAKE! This is what you see when you walk through the door:





The bakery itself is pretty small, with only three round tables placed very closely together. There is comfortable booth-like seating- which I didn't take a picture of as there were people sitting (and I didn't want to look too creepy). Their neon pink sign stands out from the pastel green walls. (The same way the images of cakes stand out from the pastel pages- can you see a pattern?).

As you walk towards the counter, on your right hand side, there are some stairs leading towards the kitchen (I think). Their merchandise is hung on a washing line- which includes an apron, t-shirt, tea towel, sweater etc which can be found on their website here. I thought this was a clever use of space since the bakery is on the smaller side. Also, it definitely adds to the homely feel making it a more casual and laid back surrounding.



 Other items sold are found on a shelf:


 
Chalkboards are used around the bakery: next to the door showing opening hours...



...by the seating area showing cupcake flavours and specials


... and as a big menu board next to the 'Primrose Bakery' sign which I cleverly forgot to take a picture of...

There is a large glass counter at the front where there is a selection of cakes.




I ended up choosing three- Chocolate and Vanilla, Red Velvet and Salted Caramel. No, I did not eat these all by myself!


*This wasn't even the right recipe, I just wanted to take a creative-ish picture. I clearly failed. 

Unfortunately, one of the workers there told me that I couldn't take pictures of any of the recipes from the book as they were all copyrighted. But if you're interested, I can send you them like friends sharing a recipe ;) Anyway, honestly speaking these cupcakes were SUPER SWEET. They definitely looked nice, but were too sweet for me. So we ended up taking two of them home.




Overall, I'd say that the Primrose Bakery is definitely somewhere to go if you're looking for somewhere cosy, welcoming, warm and homely. However, it's best if you can handle the sweetness of the cakes, and don't mind being in a fairly squashed environment.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this bakery place until now - I have to go! Lovely and visually enticing post, look forward to your next ones x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply! Me too, the recipe book was the first time I ever heard of it, you should definitely check it out- it's a lovely place x

      Delete